Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Star Card for OWH!!!


Hey guys!! I wanted to share my card for the Operation Write Home challenge. We were to use stars on our cards. I had made a card that was similar to this a couple of years ago. So I kinda used that as inspiration,because my brain couldn't think straight. We got some terrible news on Monday about my son's condition. I can't talk about it right now......I'm just too upset. I will be taking him to another doctor tomorrow. He will be doing another round of testing,so to get another opinion. I just ask for prayers for him and us. I really do not know how much more I can bear!!! Thanks for letting me rant.....hope your week has been better than mine!

Recipe for card :


Card stocks: Summer Sun,Taken With Teal,Ruby Red
Punches : Large and small star punches
Chocolate Chip Ribbon
Inks: Whisper White Craft and Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets : A Little Somethin',Starstruck,and Doodle This

6 comments:

kssdesigns said...

This is an awesome card. Wish I had time to do the challenge this week. I love all those white stars in the background!

Unknown said...

Love these colors. How did you do the edge of the white star? Is that part of the stamp? They almost look like tin punch from a distance. Cool.Sorry about your son. Praying right now.

Carol L said...

This is a fantastic star card! I love the white stars in the background while the vivid colored stars catch the eye!
I'm so sorry things are not going well with your son. I hope it's something doctors can remedy soon, but in the meantime prayers and warm wishes are being sent your way.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Holley, I love what you've done with your stars and swirl!

Karen Howard said...

Holley, praying for you and your son!!!

Gorgeous card, I love all the ways you added stars to this card, YOU ROCK!

Dixie Cochran said...

This card rocks!