Thursday, May 13, 2010

OWH Sketch Challenge #16





Here is a card I made for Operation Write Home's Sketch Challenge! I was going to watercolor with my blender pen,it was really dry...so,I decided to try something, to see how it works....I had bought some Gamsol a couple of years ago....I had saw a stamping technique using it,but I don't even remember what it was now!!!LOL!!! Anyways,I made sure the blender pen was clean and just dunk it in and then picked up the color from my ink as usual. Every time I changed color ,I would again clean my pen then just dunk it into the Gamsol. It worked,but didn't give a 'water colored' look to it. It does tend to 'bleed' as well....and also seems to change the colors a bit!!...It does blend really good though...but all in all,it worked fine....I think I will experiment with this technique and see what I come up with. Does anyone know what you do with Gamsol in stamping/coloring??LOL!!! See ya'!
Recipe for Card:
  • Card stocks : Bashful Blue,Real Red,WW
  • Scallop Border Punch
  • Google Eyes from Stash
  • Real Red Ribbon
  • Summer Picnic DSP
  • Owl Together Now Stamp Set
  • Inks : Pumpkin Pie,Bashful Blue,Brocade Blue,Real Red,
  • Old Olive,Close to Cocoa,Chocolate Chip,Summer Sun

No comments: