Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mexican Chicken Soup

I didn't get a chance to do any crafting this weekend,so I thought I'd share a recipe that I made tonight for dinner. It was pretty easy and only 2 kids didn't like it.....that means it's good!! hehehe! I looked online at some Tortilla Chicken Recipes,but I didn't have everything that I needed on hand....so I kinda went by that and tweaked it a bit....so I hope you like it,and if you make it let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by!

Mexican Chicken Soup
Ingredients :

    • 3 Chicken breasts
      1 bell pepper
      1 red bell pepper
      6 cups chicken
      broth
      1 cup v-8 juice
      1 cup salsa
      1 can corn
      2 tsp. lemon juice
      1 pk. taco seasoning
      1 bay leaf
      1/2 tsp. dried basil
      1/2 - 1
      tsp. garlic
      1-2 avocados
      tortilla chips
      shredded monterey jack
      cheese


I boiled my chicken breast in the chicken broth. I removed the chicken after about 15 minutes to cool. To the chicken broth I added all the other ingredients,except for the tortilla chips,avocados and cheese. You shred the chicken and add it to the pot,bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer until peppers are tender. Slice your avocados and use as a garnish. I crushed up the chips,added the soup,then the cheese and avocados on top! It was really good. I was thinking you could add black beans and more onions,or even green chili's(the kind in the cans). Oh, and my garlic I get on the Mexican aisle at Walmart.You can add it to anything that calls for minced garlic....it's in a big bottle and lasts a long time! I also try to remember to keep v-8 juice,you can add it to soups or use it in cooking to give stuff a great flavor and the kids get hidden veggies!! Well,hope you like it!
See ya'

No comments: