Monday, August 23, 2010

Trick or Treat Owl

Hello and thank you for stopping by! My card today is for the Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #31. Here is the sketch they gave us.


And here's my card....I stuck to the sketch , but my waffle paper came out crooked....so I stuck some buttons on it and added some leaves and branches to 'camoflage' my boo~boo, LOL!!! So, don't look too closely ;)......have a great day!



Recipe for card:

  • Elegant Eggplant,Chocolate Chip,Crumb Cake,Old Olive and WW Card stocks

  • Basic Black Ink

  • Owl Punch

  • Bird Punch

  • Buttons from Stash

  • Black Waffle Paper (Holiday Mini....coming Soon!)

  • Ghostly Greeting's DSP (retired)

  • Holiday Best Stamp Set

  • Green Stickles

7 comments:

Susan said...

nice take on the sketch - certainly an original. good job

Cindy's Card Co said...

This is adorable, I'm not a big owl fan but this is really cute.

Paula said...

On my gosh that owl is so darn cute Holley (hmmm... now where is that wish list of mine) and I love the big buttons too. Great accent!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What an awesome card! Love the colors and the little owl.

Shelley said...

Hi Holley! That is so cute. I am going to have to make some of them, I love that punch!
Have a great day, Shelley

Pryn said...

Oh my goodness! Holley this is sooo cute!!! I adore everything about it!!! You definitely covered up that boo-boo to perfection because I wouldn't even have known it was there if you hadn't mentioned it :) I love how the buttons look!

jayne said...

That owl is too cute! Funny, I used a button, too -- to hide the imperfection on my card!