Thursday, August 26, 2010

Punch Art Halloween Card!

Hello Bleeps (Blog Peeps!)
I made this card today for the challenge over at Operation Write Home. We were to to make a card using a die cut or punch, ribbon and heat or dry embossing. So, on my card I used several of my Stampin' Up! punches, ribbon and I used a embossing folder for the background! I have seen some of the punch art for these characters around lately. But, I pretty much cased this card from another SU! demo named Kara Schwab.....but I don't have her blog info,sorry! I saw her card uploaded on Stampin' Connection.....a place for demos to share their projects. Well, I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!! ;)




Recipe for card:

  • Punches used: Large Oval,2 step Owl,3/4" Circle,2 step Bird,1 3/8" Circle
  • Card stocks: Old Olive,Not Quite Navy,Elegant Eggplant,Pumpkin Pie,BB,Daffodil Delight and WW
  • White Gel Pen
  • Close to Cocoa and BB Inks
  • Ribbon from Stash
  • Square Lattice Embossing Folder
  • Wave Scissors
  • Tiny Tags Stamp Set

21 comments:

for2nately said...

OMG!!! this is sooo cute! TFS!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card!
Dania Welch
http://StampUpaStorm.com

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Holley, this is such a cute card! I love the punched art, the texture is just fabulous and the colors, wow! Someone is going to LOVE getting this one! Thanks for playing along faithfully with us at Operation Write Home!

Cindy's Card Co said...

This card is adorable.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is soo cute. TFS.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a great card Holly. Love the little punched owl with batty wings, and ghost so cute! TFS

Holly Moore said...

Hi Holley! Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment on my Midnight Madness card. Your card here is so cute! I'm loving the white accents on the punches. What a great idea. Take care!

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDesign Team - GD

p.s. My mom almost spelled my name Hollie, but changed her mind in the hospital. :) Cute blog!

Theresa said...

I love this card. Thanks for sharing.

sherry said...

Hi Holley! Cute, cute card! Kids will love it.

grandmalee said...

What an adorable card! Love the textured background...it's gorgeous! The inked edges really make everything stand out & add dimension. Your highlights add so much character to the bat. Another winner!

Another note about Chelsey. She was diagnosed with gestational diabetes on top of all of the other problems. She's taking it good; says that having a larger baby will help because he will be delivered early anyway. Thanks for all of your prayers & please continue to keep her in your prayers.
Lee

ThePurplePlace said...

Great Card!

I LOVE all the dimension and think this is a super cute Halloween card too!

You have so much talent...keep up the great work!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Carol L said...

You knocked this one outta here with this adorable card!!! I love the ghost behind the pumpkin, and especially the bat wings on the owl! You go girl!!!

Patti C said...

Halloween is my least favorite holiday (I know, boo, hiss) but this card is so cute. TFS

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh wow!!!!Love it and the deep dark rich colors and shading. Just awesome!

Paula S. said...

Love that little ghost peeking out behind the pumpkin! I'm going to have to dig out my oval punch and give this pumpkin a try. Nice work Holley!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Incredibly cute! Eye catching and I can't wait to show my students your work. I'm new to your blog, but you are bookmarked and I will be back!!!

Thanks!
Sue
ssmcneill@hotmail.com

Missy said...

This card is stunning.

Samantha said...

Aww I love it Holley..I like the idea of making the owl a bat! Lainey turned him upside down and made a monster out of him for one of her cards. Great card!

Unknown said...

Love the gel pen touches.

Shelly R Wilson said...

love Halloween.... love this card!