Friday, August 13, 2010

Fall Card

Today I'm entering this card in two challenges! This first one is Operation Write Home Fall Card with no sentiment Challenge! The next is for Friday Sketchers: Sketch Challenge #112. Here is the Sketch :



And here's my take on it:




As you can see,I changed it up a little bit. I used the crimper tool then crumpled up each leaf for added texture. I like the look of using the same pattern paper on one card like this. I just cut the paper to each panel and turned it so you would be able to tell they are different panels. I embossed one of the panels as well. Raffia to me says FALL!!! Well,I hope you like it , have a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by!!!




Recipe for card:


  •  Card stocks: Old Olive,Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie

  • Raffia Ribbon from Stash

  • Large Brass Eyelets from Stash

  • Leaf Die Cut using Big Shot

  • Square Lattice Embossing Folder

  • Pattern Paper from Stash

  • Close to cocoa ink for Sponging

  • Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

  • Crimper Tool

9 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and giving the details.

Sherry Hickey said...

Holley, the beautiful paper, leaves, raffia, texture = yummy card!

Nancy said...

So THAT'S what I should be doing with all that rafia I have in a drawer somewhere!!! Really like that card!

Louise Fox said...

Holley, Beautiful design and colors with good dimension. Just simply a beautiful card! Blessings, Louise

Maryann said...

This card is beautiful! I love it! Fall is my favorite season and you rminded me why...all of the fall colors!

Paula S. said...

Just gorgeous Holley! I couldn't agree more about raffia and Fall. Love how you inked up the edges on the leaves. This card has beautiful depth to it.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I love the leaves.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Holley, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the leaves and raffia ribbon, wow...

Missy said...

Holley,
Your cards are always so nice. I always enjoy your blog.