Thursday, July 29, 2010

Holley's Homemade Hamburger Helper Casserole!

Hey,you like Hamburger Helper? Well, I made this recipe tonight.....so I thought maybe some other family might like it as much as we did!!
 First two nights ago, I made pan fried potatoes. I made about 10 large Baker Potatoes, (they needed to be eaten).  I made a pan and quickly realized it was alot......so we ate dinner and then I just fried the rest of them afterwards.......I just cubed up the potatoes and added this awesome seasoning that I buy in bulk from BJ's (you could probably get it at Sam's or Costco,too.....maybe even the grocery stores carry it (we shop in bulk)
 Anyways,I fried mine in a little olive oil and just tossed them around in the pan......it takes a long time to get all these potatoes done!! That's why I stopped and ate and then cooked the rest later!!! Anyways I had two pans of these potatoes....so I just cooked them half way.....so I wouldn't have to cook them all night long,LOL!!

 Here's the seasoning....I use it all the time....not just for chicken!!


So, if you make the potatoes the same day as your gonna eat them...you may want to allow for cook time on your potatoes. Or maybe even use tater tots,or hash browns to make it easier??
OK,back to the recipe......So today I cooked 2 pounds of hamburger meat....then drained. I added a can of this cheese soup to my meat and the seasoning that I used on the potatoes and cooked for about 5 minutes,just to stir ingredients well.
Then,I sprayed a large glass pan with Pam spray and added the entire leftover potatoes. I covered a layer of shredded cheese on top and then added the hamburger mix to it. I cooked it for 30 minutes on 350. I took it out and sprinkled the top with some more shredded cheese and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes,just to melt the cheese. My kids loved it and everyone got seconds!!! If you please 4 kids and a hubby then you did an OK job ;)




If you try it,let me know how you guys like it!! Enjoy!
* I was thinking onions would be really good with this and maybe try sour cream as a topping!

3 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

ooOOoo, that looks yummy--you should scrap it. . . .

Unknown said...

This sounds great...I can't wait to try it! I'm glad you found my blog :)

Anonymous said...

sounds great!! How do you have time to cook,clean,take care of all those kids,husband,and STILL stamp??????