Saturday, July 31, 2010

Halloween Cards!




  OK, I'm not the most efficient person, I will admit it....but, I have been making cards to send to Operation Write Home since March. Just happily making and NOT Thinking,LOL!!! Well,I will also admit....I don't get on Facebook or check out The Forum on OWH that much....and I will also admit, that I have not read all the details and such.
  Well, with that in mind, please remember that people have made little comments here and there....but, I really didn't know what they were talking about....soooo, I was checking things out and found some 'deadlines' on WHEN to send them your 'Holiday' cards and stuff!!! Oh my Goodness!!! I really wasn't thinking about 'when' I would be sending them,LOL!!! I was just making them.
 Needless to say....I have a box full of cards that are for Easter, Father's and Mother's Day and all of the past Holidays!!!! It didn't seem to 'register' until recently that I'm saving all of these cards and they can't use them until NEXT YEAR!!!!! I know,I know.....you 'seasoned' OWHomers....are shaking your heads right now!!! I AM BLONDE afterall,LOL!!! ;)

 Soooo....what should I do? Should I keep doing what I'm doing and send them in whenever I can (keep in mind I have 4 children still at home....plus, I don't really make cards in bulk....although, I really want to start thanks to Yolanda and some of the other girls that do such a great job at making large quanities,it makes me jealous!;)
 I am not that good with 'dealines' ,I would think it would put too much pressure on me......plus I'm thinking about going back to school, soon.
  I would love to hear what other people do,with cards for the troops. Do you make a bunch.....save them, and send a big box....or send a few at a time? I'm thinking that once school starts for the kids, I could really try harder and get more cards done in bulk style!!!
 I did get 4 of these Halloween cards done today!!!.....using up some old ribbon and making them pretty simple. I had made a whole sheet of these jack-o-lanterns the other night. I water colored them all in and circled punched them out.....with no real clue as to what I was going to do with them!! So, I came up with these simple but cute little cards.
 Well, thanks for letting me ramble on!! Here's the deets and thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

Recipe for card:


  • Old Olive,ww, and Basic Black Card stocks

  • 1 3/8 Circle and Scallop Circle Punches

  • Halloween Ribbon from stash

  • Inks:: Basic Black,Pumpkin Pie,Old Olive and Summer Sun

  • Ghostly Greetings DSP (retired)

  • The More the Merrier Stamp Set (retired)

6 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Hi Holley! You can send them anytime, and we'll store them - sometimes that's better than waiting and forgetting and missing the following year too! Also - if deadlines mess you up, just spend your summer making winter cards, and your winter making summer cards. By the time you're ready to mail us something it'll be the right time. LOL :)

Cindy's Card Co said...

Holley, these cards are really cute.

Unknown said...

There are also plenty of all occasion types of cards that you can make and send anytime you want. Your cards are so beautiful they're worth the wait.

ThePurplePlace said...

Holley - Your cards are all stunning and I LOVE all the different ways you used the sketch. You have amazing talent and I'm sure anyone who receives any of your cards will be very happy!!

Happy Crafting,
Lisa

Brenda U said...

Hi Holley, firslty, I love your work, really beautiful cards. I am also new to OWH although I have been making cards for 2 years or so. But I just have never managed to duplicate my cards, it's a mental thing. That's why it takes me soooooooooooooooo.....long to make a batch of cards. I am still trying to fill my first UPS box! So I am trying, slowly but surely, to make 2 or 3 of the same cards. (I don't have a blog, and this "comment as" functionality has me a tad confused, but anyway, I am Brenda from Houston, Tx).

Anonymous said...

Yes...you have amazing talent!! I wonder how you do all what you do!!!!

Be blessed!!